Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Sunshine Award.

Although the sun may not be shining right now, it's actually really cold, I was nominated by Maddie to do this award and thought it was a good post for you to find out a little bit more about me. So here we go...

Untitled
Here's the rules for each nominee:
  • Share 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions by the nomination blogger.
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers.
  • Include 11 questions to ask your nominees.
11 facts about me...
1. I'm in love with the band Hurts.
2. Cats are my favourite animal.
3. I hate my things being untidy/messy, I'm pretty sure I must have OCD!
4. Christmas is my favourite time of the year.
5. I must own, at least, 30 nail polishes and yet I still buy more.
6. I took business studies for one of my GCSE options.
7. I'm good at saving up my money.
8. I love vintage/shabby chic things!
9. I used to play the recorder, when I was at primary school.
10. I hate creepy crawlies, especially spiders.
11. When I was younger, I used to have a huge collection of my littlest pet shop toys.

My 11 questions were...

1. How is the weather where you live and what are your current favourite clothes to suit it?
The weather where I live isn't great, it rains quite a lot. My current favourite clothes to suit the weather are either super cosy tights and a skater skirt with a top or some jeans with a plaid shirt.

2. How did you come up with your blog name?
I just wanted a very simple and easy to remember name for my blog, sometimes I wish I had a more creative name though. Although I quite like the name 'Amy's Beauty Journal' because it's like I'm writing a diary of products I've tried out.

3. Name something on your bucket list?
The thing right at the top of my bucket list would be to travel around various places in the world and just explore new places. 

4. What is your favourite brand of clothing?
The main places I buy my clothes from are Newlook and Primark, with the occasional thing from Topshop or River Island. I know Primark is Atmosphere but I'm not sure about Newlook?

5. Jeans or leggings?
It depends on what kind of day's ahead but, if I had to pick one, I'd go for leggings.

6. Do your family and friends know about your blog? If so what do they think?
No, actually, my friends and family aren't aware of my blog but if I told them, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

7. What is your favourite candle scent?
Hmm, this one is tricky because candles are one of my obsessions. I'm loving the merry marshmallow and fireside treats Yankee candles at the moment.

8. If you could pick any three make up items to get for free what would they be?
Firstly, I'd pick a MAC foundation because I'd feel so guilty buying one for myself. The second would be one of the Hourglass ambient lighting powders, after seeing Anna (from ViviannaDoesMakeup) rave about them so much, I would love to get my hands on one! And finally, I'd pick the Ciate mini nail polish advent calendar, it looks amazing plus I just couldn't spend £42 on an advent calendar.

9. What is your favourite pair of shoes? Why?
My favourite pair of shoes are my white high top converse because they go with anything and are great to wear any time of the year. They also last for ages.

10. Heels or wedges?
I don't really wear either of these but I think I'd go for wedges because I think they look gorgeous and wedges go with a lot of different outfits, even on casual days.

11. Mac or Urban Decay?
Even though Urban Decay have the famous Naked palettes, I'd plump for MAC because I like a lot of their products for face, eyes and lips. Whereas with Urban Decay, I only really use their eyeshadows.

The nominations...

1. kkkiranxoxo
2. Ros Tinted
3. Ashleigh Beauty
4. A Day in Beauty
5. A touch of velvet...
6. A Is For Ayla
7. Style & Starbucks
8. Carrie:Brighton
9. Talk Pretty
10. My Vintage World
11. Laura Through The Lens

My 11 questions...
1. What's your favourite TV program?
2. What's one thing you can't stand?
3. Who's you favourite singer/band?
4. What is at the top of your Christmas wishlist, this year?
5. Do you have a pet? 
6. Do you love or loathe marmite? (random question there!)
7. What's your favourite shop to buy from?
8. What's your favourite perfume?
9. If you could pick one piece of technology to use, for the rest of your life, what would you pick? (For example: iPad, laptop, camera)
10. What made you want to start blogging?
11. Who's your favourite blogger?


Thanks for reading this, incredibly long, post!

8 comments:

  1. My favorite shoes are white high tops as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love them, I seriously don't know what I did without them! Haha x

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It's okay! :) x

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. Love your post, cats are my favourite animals too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know, cats are too cute! x

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  4. Vintage shopping is one of my absolute favorite things to do! I also can't live without my high-top converse--they are my go-to!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete