Friday 10 January 2014

2014 beauty resolutions.

As it's the new year everybody is talking about their resolutions. Let's be honest, we all make them but how often do we really stick to them? I've made some and I feel pretty confident that I won't be breaking them so here's a few of my beauty related resolutions...


1st resolution: save money on as many beauty products as possible. 
This is probably my main beauty resolution this year. What I mean by 'save as much money' is that before buying a product I'm going to check out it's prices in other shops and see which is best value. I'm also going to try and stock up on products when they're on offer and I'm not going to buy products that I simply don't need. Although, I got quite a few body butters, shower gels and body sprays for Christmas so I don't need to worry about buying more any time soon!

2nd resolution: clean my makeup brushes more.
Keeping your makeup brushes clean is very important because, when they're dirty, they can be a breeding ground for bacteria and germs which can then lead to breakouts. Yes, I find it such a chore and usually moan whilst I'm cleaning them but there's nothing better than clean, soft, makeup brushes, the next day. Just washing them with a shampoo/soap weekly will eliminate any dirt on your brushes and help keep your skin clearer.

3rd resolution: take better care of my nails. 
Painting my nails is, basically, one of my hobbies. At the moment I'm really into dark, vampy, shades but I've never been that great at taking care of my nails.  I bite them, when I'm bored, pick at them and just don't look after them very well. However, this year, I want to change that, so I'll be stocking up on nail files, cuticle creams and nail treatments to help keep them in shape.

4th resolution: try out new styles.
I think I can speak for us all when I say this. I find a style and stick to it, everyday I reach for the same old products without even considering using a different eyeshadow or lipstick. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to start sporting a bold green eyeshadow and neon orange lipstick on a daily basis, but I am going to try and step, ever so, slightly out of my comfort zone and opt for a lipstick I would normally avoid.

5th resolution: stick to a skincare routine.
This isn't very high on my list because I've, actually, been quite good at sticking to my skincare routine but it's so easy to slip. Some nights I haven't bothered doing anything (not even moisturiser) and sometimes I half-do my routine but now I'm sticking to it.

6th resolution: blog more.
I wasn't sure whether this really fitted in with my beauty resolutions but my blog is a beauty blog, so I guess it does, right? Anyway, I've decided I want to dedicate more time to my blog (if possible) so that I can post more frequently and I've also started recording when I post (again) so I can keep much more organised.

Thanks for reading! What are your new year's resolutions?
xxx

1 comment: