Monday 21 October 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette | Review

Since I already own the Naked 2 palette, I was pretty sure I didn't need the Naked Basics palette but after days of drooling over pictures of it on Instagram and seeing it featured in peoples YouTube videos, I went ahead and bought it. Six, gorgeous, shades all housed in a dinky palette. What more could you want? 


Venus: Shimmery off-white

Foxy: Light yellowish beige

W.O.S (Walk Of Shame): Creamy seashell pink

Naked 2: Pale taupe

Faint: Warm brown

Crave: Plain black

The palette includes six shades; five of which are matte that are neatly packed into a dinky little palette. The packaging is very sleek and - as you can see in the picture above - there is a large mirror which makes this palette perfect for travelling or carrying around in your makeup bag.
  Usually, I like to use; W.O.S/Foxy all over my lids; Naked 2 in my outer corner; Venus on my brow bone and on the inner corner of my eye and Crave as an eyeliner. I do occasionally use Faint after Naked 2 just to darken the crease slightly and it's also a great shade for filling in eyebrows. Overall, I think this is a fantastic little palette that contains everything I need for a simple eye look. I don't think darker skin tones would probably like this as much but for paler skin tones - e.g: me - it's definitely worth the money.
  Now onto how much it costs. Well, this palette costs £20 and -unlike the other naked palettes- you don't get a free brush or lipgloss/primer. Personally, I think £20 is a good price to pay considering MAC single eyeshadows are £12.50 each!
  If you've always wanted to try one of the naked palettes but always found them quite pricey, then this palette is for you. It offers a selection of seductive nudes that are must-haves for everyday makeup.

5 comments:

  1. Might have to buy one of these as I'm not sure I'm ready to invest in the Naked 2 palette yet!
    www.kathjam.blogspot.com
    KJ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naked 2 palette is fantastic but this is so much more affordable :) Thanks for reading!

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. I really want to get both of the Naked palettes! I think I may have to invest in this one first though, as I love the shades in it.

    Hollie's Little Victories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades really are great and the palette is such great value, in my opinion, too! :) Thanks for reading!

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. I have the UD naked palette and I love it!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete