Saturday 19 October 2013

Monthly Favourites | September

September has been a very busy month for me (hence why I haven't been blogging as much) due to starting back at school, but I'm beginning to get back into a routine now; so hopefully I'll be able to make more time for my blog! Also, I'm thinking of buying an iPad but I'm not completely sure whether I should take the plunge or not. Do you have an iPad? What do you think of it? (Let me know in the comments!)


The first thing I've been using a lot this month is my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream; which I'm sure I've mentioned on my blog before. This is great for me to use on school days, when I want a little coverage, but nothing cakey or too heavy on my skin. I apply this evenly all over my face and it does a pretty decent job of concealing any redness and slightly covering spots, however, I do still apply a concealer afterwards. I would say this is brilliant for young girls who want to start wearing makeup but they still want it to look natural. The coverage isn't great (of course it's only a BB Cream) but works well for a natural makeup look. This is available for £6.99, which I think is a reasonable price considering how much product you get and how long it lasts.

Secondly, I've been hooked on the Maybelline Baby Lips but in particular: Hydrate. There isn't much to say about this really, apart from the fact it moisturises my lips incredibly well and that the packaging is super cute.

Another thing I've been loving this past month is my Victoria's Secret Body Spray in 'Love Spell'. I own a crazy amount of body sprays but this one has stood out to me the most, because it smells so darn good! It's a mix of; Cherry Blossom and juicy Peach so, as you can imagine, I've been spritzing myself with this all throughout the day.

Now onto more of a recent purchase but I've still been loving it the same, is my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. If you're a fan of the original Naked Palettes, then you're bound to love this. I am, actually, planning to do a more in-depth review of this, so I'll keep it brief for now but this is the palette I've been reaching for pretty much everyday. Containing six shades -5 of which are matte- it's great because you don't need to spend ages trying to match eyeshadows together because it's all in one palette. My favourite shade out of the palette is Walk Of Shame (or W.O.S for short), a creamy seashell pink shade that looks amazing on its own or paired with Naked 2.

And finally: my Dove Leave-In Conditioning & Care Spray. I find this is brilliant (especially for long hair) to spray through the ends of your hair, to leave them sleek and soft. As well as smelling divine, it does a fantastic job of keeping my hair smooth and nourished all day long. It's a bargain price too; at £3.59, how can you resist?!

So that's my September Favourites! Thank you for reading and I promise I'll get my next monthly favourites post published earlier!

10 comments:

  1. You should definitely get an ipad, I use mine every day they are brilliant! great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might ask for one for Christmas and thank you :) x

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Victorias Secret sprays but u can't justify it with the price!! Xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are AMAZING however the price does put me off :( Thanks for reading though!

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. I also love this Maybelline BB Cream I use it almost everyday :)

    http://mathilda2710.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it?! :) x

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  4. I love that BB cream! Would you recommend getting a tinted Baby Lips or a clear one first, which is better? x

    zirallure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend trying a clear one first, just to see if you like them. It just depends on whether you like colour on your lips or not :) Thanks for reading!

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. I love the naked basics and baby lips they are some of my all time favourites!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't know what I'd do without them! :)

      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete